Tuesday, September 20, 2011

On the Road Again.

I am coming home for a visit in five days, and there are several things that I intend to do while I am there. Here are the top 10.

1) Eat a big juicy steak at least 5 times in the 3 weeks I am home
2) Buy Aussie hairspray for a reasonable price
3) Get more Proactiv
4) Drive a car
5) Soak in good customer service
6) Go 3 weeks without seeing a wild cat
7) Eat an ungodly amount of American candy
8) Eat at Chipotle
9) Enjoy the fact that people in Nashville are friendly
10) Spend loads of time with my friends and family :)

I absolutely LOVE Tel Aviv, but it is such an adjustment moving from one culture to another. America definitely has more conveniences than Israel but there are several things I enjoy here that can't be enjoyed at home. For example, I can go to a restaurant and sit for hours and the servers don't care one bit. It's not like the US, where before you've even finished your entree the check is on the table. I've always hated that.

Here are some other things I'll miss about Tel Aviv:

1) The weather
2) My awesome friends
3) The busyness of the city
4) Trying to read the Hebrew signs
5) The excellent coffee

But these things will be here when I get back. And I have a feeling I am going to miss them while I'm gone. I think that's a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. ....unless you are the Ellis family who stays until the sun goes down wherever we are eating! :) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice to see we made #10 at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha jeremy!! i thought the same thing. i'm happy we scraped our way to #10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, guys, don't you know that everything in Hebrew is backwards?? 10 is actually 1 here :) :)

    ReplyDelete