Thursday, February 9, 2012

There's No Place Like Home.

I finally made it home on Monday night after a solid 24 hours of traveling. And, of course, my face broke out. But I knew it would. And it shouldn't really surprise me considering my first meal in the US at JFK airport was Wendy's.

I'm so glad to be home though. It's like a breath of fresh air.

The flight itself was really interesting. I flew Elal for the first time (the Israeli airline) and a large percentage of people on the plane with me were religious Jews. There was one point during the flight when about 20 men got up to pray and the flight attendants sent them to the back to do it. That's where I was sitting. I put the picture on facebook but I don't know how to get it on here because I'm on my mom's mac. How can you save a picture on this thing? I can't right click. So confusing.

My mom and I have been having so much fun since I've been home! The first day we went to lunch at Burger Up and then went shopping all day and then met my brothers and sisters for dinner. Ashley looks so cute pregnant! (This is a test because I don't think Ashley actually reads my blog even though she "likes" the link on facebook every time. She thinks she's fooling me but she's really not.)

Yesterday, I finally got my haircut. I'm letting it grow but since I hadn't gotten it cut in 4 months it was beginning to take the shape of a mullet. Tel Aviv isn't ready for the mullet yet. So I did everyone a service and had it shaped. Then I picked up my mom and we went to Chipotle, which was glorious. I really miss Mexican food. After Chipotle we did a crossword puzzle at Starbucks and then visited Uncle Josh and Aunt Jeannette and Joshi and Zoe. Not long after we ate again, of course, because every time I come home my family works hard to fatten me up.

Thai food = tov.

Serious Time: So I'm in a period of transition. My time in Tel Aviv is up in about 6 months and then I'll be entering into the next phase. What that is, I'm not sure yet. But during times like this when I feel like I have no base, it's refreshing to come home and realize that I actually have a great one.

Family = tov meod. 

1 comment:

  1. What about Clarke, and Marty and Missy and Willieeeeeeeeeeee????????

    ReplyDelete