Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

I was going to wait until I was home to blog about my day in Bethlehem, but it was so good I couldn't wait! I'll leave the important stuff for tomorrow, but for now I have to write down some of the odd highlights of my day so I don't forget.

1) In the car this morning on our way to Jerusalem, Lev was telling us a story about his experience in a hostel in Ireland. Without getting into the specifics of the story, within 2 minutes I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt, I couldn't breathe, and tears were pouring down my face. I was basically out of control. But I knew it was going to be a phenomenal day. And it was.

2) Lev struck again when we were at a coffee shop in Jerusalem. This time, all five of us were all laughing uncontrollably. The people at the table next to us actually got up and left, but we couldn't help it. It was one of the best moments of the trip for sure.

What were we laughing about? Well, there was some confusion about memory and mammory. But Lev got it worked out. Thanks again, Lev.

3) When we were heading to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre for midnight mass, it was raining in the Old City and all the shops were closed. It was absolutely beautiful. And I jumped in a puddle.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! We miss you, but so glad you have good, FUNNY friends to spend Christmas with!

    ReplyDelete